The ability to compose among college students is far from satisfactory according to the author's teaching experience and their scores in CET 4. Being one of the fundamental skills in language learning, writing is inevitably an indispensable part in English teaching. However, the writing teaching is rather time-consuming but unrewarding due to large class size and tight class time for those non-English majors.Based on the literature review of feedback and teacher feedback, the author carries out a questionnaire investigation in the college where the author works. After the investigation and the analysis of the results of the questionnaire, more insights about the feedback giving has been acquired. It is strongly believed that mare changes and revision should be taken to perfect the feedback giving in class as well as a variety of feedback styles and multi-draft writing.
SUCCEED ON THE SAT WITH THE PRINCETON REVIEW! With 6 full-length practice tests, content reviews for all sections of the test, and techniques for scoring success, this Premium Edition of Cracking the SAT covers every facet of this challenging test.
Techniques That Actually Work.
- Powerful tactics to help you avoid traps and beat the SAT
- Pacing tips to help you maximize your time
- Detailed examples of how to employ each strategy to your advantage
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
- Comprehensive subject review for every section of the exam
- Valuable practice with complex reading comprehension passages and higher-level math problems
- Hands-on experience with all question types, including multi-step problems, passage-based grammar questions, and more
Practice Your Way to Excellence.
- 6 full-length practice tests (4 in the book, 2 online) with detailed answer explanations
- Drills for each test section-Reading, Writing and Language, and Math
- In-depth online score reports for all practice tests to help analyze your performance and track your progress
Online Access to Our Exclusive Premium Portal:
- Multi-week study plan guides
- Access to college and university rankings, college admissions advice, and financial aid tips
- Videos to acquaint you with SAT test-taking strategies and commonly tested topics
- Special SAT Insider section packed with helpful info on picking your perfect school and writing essays that stand out
Prep with confidence when you prep with The Princeton Review!
This book is a collection of some of the recent research papers carried out by the author. The first paper deals with the relationship between language and gender. The second paper reviews the research on cognitive theory, with special reference to listening comprehension skill. The third and fourth papers deal with the skill of L2 writing from different perspectives. The fifth paper examines the skill of L2 reading from linguistic, cognitive, and cultural perspectives. The sixth paper deals with L2 learners'' grammaticality judgments. The seventh and eighth papers deal with different aspects of L2 writing from both linguistic and cognitive perspectives. The ninth and tenth papers belong to the areas of contrastive linguistics and translation, respectively.
The Cambridge Alphabet Book is a workbook for teaching English handwriting to young children.
The writing course includes the following features:
- The capital and small forms of each letter of the alphabet are practised separately at first, and then in words so that children are learning to write in logical stages.
- Discrimination and matching exercises, as well as crossword puzzles, which help to maintain motivation.
- Plenty of opportunities for writing practice.
- Engaging pictures for children to colour in.